Consulting and training Services
Each day teachers must educate students with a range of abilities and diverse needs. Through our multi-week consultations in literacy, math and special education, Cooke Center Institute consultants draw upon years of professional experience and a wealth of Cooke resources to support partner school faculty and staff in this task.
Whether modeling research-based teaching practices, coaching individual teachers through units of study, meeting with administrators, or facilitating school-wide trainings, our consultants are deeply committed to equipping schools with the tools and strategies that meet the diverse needs of all students and ultimately improve student achievement.
A Cooke Center Institute multi-week consultation in literacy, math or special education includes:
- understanding and embracing each school’s unique character and challenges;
- implementing research-based pedagogical practices that differentiate instruction tailored to the specific needs of each learner, including English Language Learners, students at risk and students with IEPS;
- utilizing data to set goals, monitor student progress and plan next steps relevant to the needs of the class or individual students;
- collaborating to create innovative instructional plans aligned to the New York State Common Core Learning Standards;
- setting up special education protocols and systems for academic and behavioral interventions;
- building capacity within schools to promote professional, collaborative learning among school faculty as well as sustain an effective Child Study Team.
For more information about Cooke's Consulting and Training services, contact Institute Director Aliza Kushner at (212) 280-4473 x21 or firstname.lastname@example.org.