Cooke Center envisions a world in which all people with special needs are included as valued members of their communities, leading independent and purposeful lives.
To realize this vision, our core mission is to educate students from early childhood through young adulthood, guided by these principles:
- A curriculum that integrates academic, social and life skills with opportunities for learning that promote inclusion
- Instruction that focuses on each student’s strengths, interests and individual needs
- The incorporation of inclusive activities as a key instructional strategy to foster positive attitudes in the broader community towards Cooke students and others with special needs
- Families as partners in their children’s education and growth towards independence
- Access to quality special education for all children who need it, regardless of their financial circumstances
- Sharing our knowledge with other professionals and schools to improve the educational experience for all children